ENDOSCOPY - GASTRO
Endoscopy unit of Gastroenterology Department at Bacha Khan Medical Complex Shahmansoor Swabi, Endoscopy is the visual inspection of the interior of the gut through the use of an endoscope. A small caliber tube containing fibers or video optics is inserted through the mouth allowing the endoscopist to view the Upper and Lower Gastro intestinal tract.
Why Do I Need an Endoscopy?
- Stomach pain
- Ulcers, gastritis, or difficulty swallowing
- Digestive tract bleeding
- Changes in bowel habits (chronic constipation or diarrhea)
- Polyps or growths in the colon
Diagnostic and Endoscopy Procedures at BKMC Swabi:
- ERCP (Endoscopic- retrograde-pancreato-graphy)
- Simple examination
- Putting stents in CBD, CPD, esophagus and duodenum
- Dilatation of strictures in upper and lower gastrointestinal
- Stopping bleeding from varices, Gastric and duodenal ulcers.(sclero-therapy and banding)